Monday, November 14, 2016

Lessons 12, 13 & 14: Curvature & Pen Tools and Rounded Corners

I feel kinda bad for combining all these, but I used all these tools when making my charcters for our first Illustrator project (that should be posted above). Anyways:

Lesson 12: This showed how to use the curvature tool to crate organic smooth edges. This tool is done one anchor point at a time, so it is a bit tedious, but it is also useful.

Lesson 13: The Pen tool was the focus of this lesson. As far as I've used it, this a much more computer-controlled version of the pencil tool, allowing one to place and modify anchor points or work one strand at a time. You can make sharp or smooth transitions and straight or curved edges and lines.

Lesson 14: This lesson covered all the various ways and styles one could use to make rounded corners in an image. I don't know for sure, but an entire chapter on rounded corners seems a bit... well, much to me.

Well, I used all of these chapters, plus previous, to make my little character for our project. Pokemon!


No comments:

Post a Comment